WILLIAM HENRY LENTZ (b. c. 1845, Baltimore, Maryland; active in Petaluma, 1867-c.1870) Lentz took over the Petaluma studio of Bryon R. Johnson sometime in 1867. The imprint on the back of his cartes de visite read, “From W. H. Lentz’s (Late Johnson’s) Photographic Gallery, Main St., Petaluma.” Palmquist, pg. 364; Mautz, pg. 119.
Unfortunately, the PHL&M owns no portraits by this important, early photographer.