La Motte Studio

LA MOTTE STUDIO, On October 4, 1907 the Petaluma Argus- Courier reported that W. L. Shattuck had purchased Brown’s photographic studio on Main Street and after its renovation would be known as La Motte Studio. The paper reported exactly two years later, on October 4 of 1909, that the studio had been sold.

Click on thumbnails for more information on that particular portrait.

Lentz, William

WILLIAM HENRY LENTZ (b. c. 1845, Baltimore, Maryland; active in Petaluma, 1867-c.1870) Lentz took over the Petaluma studio of Bryon R. Johnson sometime in 1867. The imprint on the back of his cartes de visite read, “From W. H. Lentz’s (Late Johnson’s) Photographic Gallery, Main St., Petaluma.” Palmquist, pg. 364; Mautz, pg. 119.

Unfortunately, the PHL&M owns no portraits by this important, early photographer.